Saturday, May 7, 2011

Part XXVIII: Walnut Orange Chocolate Chippers

I am very excited to be starting the chocolate chip chapter of the cookbook! In preparation for this week's recipes I purchased three sixteen ounce bags of chocolate chips. And used them all in one day. Wow. This may be a cookie career defining event.

The first recipe in the chapter was an interesting combination; chocolate chips, walnuts and orange zest. Two tablespoons of orange zest in fact, which is a lot.

I used my yellow bowl this time

Brown and white sugar

Add slightly beaten eggs

Combine

Intermission: Clematis blooming in the yard


African Violet blooming indoors



Back to work: Walnuts

Dough

Chocolate Chips!

An orange must be denuded of its peel, thanks to the help of birdie zester






Verdict: These were quite good, but even with two tablespoons of orange zest I could still barely taste the orange. If I had to do it over again I would have added half a teaspoon or so of orange extract! But they do look pretty, flecked with orange zest ribbons and chocolate chips.

Next Up: Chewy Brownie Cookies

2 comments:

  1. I love that they're "chippers."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, these were my favorite! I could definitely taste the orange, but I guess it was subtle.

    That clematis is lookin' good! Sounds dirty...

    ReplyDelete