Saturday, May 7, 2011

Part XXX: Original Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is my 30th post, which means I've made 30 recipes from my book so far. Only about 200 more to go. Yippee!

Out of the three selections for this weekend these were the ones I was looking forward to the most: The classic chocolate chip cookie. In fact, if I remember correctly, Toll House were the inventors of the original chocolate chip cookie.

Softened butter

Add brown sugar

The dough clinging to the beaters looks interesting

Added the essential chocolate chips


Also added walnuts




I'm not sure what happened, but the cookies came out of the oven looking like cow pies-flat, flat, flat


Compare it to the orange/chocolate/walnut cookie, on the left

I'm not quite sure what happened. The only guess I could hazard was that the orange/chocolate/walnut cookies used one and a half teaspoons of baking powder, while the classic chocolate chip cookies used one teaspoon of baking soda.

Verdict: The cookies were tasty, but very flat, and fell apart easily.

Next Week's Selections:

Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oatmeal Brownie Drops

Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies

Looks like I'm going to have to buy at least another three bags of chocolate chips-I wonder if I can buy them in bulk somewhere?

I will leave you with photos of a project my husband is undertaking for school. I'm pretty sure its not easy or fun, but it looks really cool



1 comment: