Sunday, April 3, 2011

Part XIII: Coconut Cream Cheese Cookies

Well hello again! Its the weekend, isn't it? I know because I've been in the kitchen for 6 hours straight baking cookies!

Coconut cream cheese cookies kicked off this weekend's baking frenzy. My boy toy had homework to do so we put on some soothing, IQ enhancing Bach and while he studied I worked up a sweat in the kitchen.

The recipe called for toasted coconut so I put the pallid flakes in a pan to give them a nice Jersey Shore style tan. Man, I wish I could have heard Snooki impart her wisdom to the students of Rutgers.



They look so much better now don't they?


Phyllis, because its my blog and she's cute




Check out my new plates! My friend Rita gave them to me, along with some other fun stuff that you'll be seeing in future posts. Thanks Rita!


Verdict: I had high hopes for these cookies but they turned out strangely bland. I didn't end up using the marscapone I mentioned in the previous post because it went bad. Maybe if I had these would have tasted better. As it was, they were dry, and tasted like the almond extract called for in the recipe. Fail.

Next up: Old Fashioned Harvest Cookies

2 comments:

  1. BWAAHHH!!! GTL, baby, and you'll be DTF. Maybe your cookies are DSO - dates, sugar, oatmeal. That's a nice toasty color, though, and not Cheeto orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were some really good cookies!

    I love your cat!

    The dishes look good on you!

    ReplyDelete