First off let me point out that I am still excited about the roman numeral thing. XIV=14. To me that's pretty cool. And probably only to me.
Anyway, Old-Fashioned Harvest Cookies. What can I say about them? This is at least the fifth recipe since I started this blog to have dates, nuts, oat, and brown sugar. This recipe did call for canned pumpkin, so that was a little different.
I am on page 28 of the book, and noticed that the first recipe with chocolate chips is on page 42. Using roman numerals to do that math that is XXXXII minus XXVIII which equals XIV. XIV divided by III cookies a week equals something like X weeks. Crap. We will all have to be patient and wait until May for chocolate chips.
Could those be...wait for it.....dates?
Brown dates. Brown nuts. Brown cookie dough.
In the oven you go!
Finished product. Display bowl provided by Rita.
Verdict: These cookies were, for all their brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg bravado, pretty bland as well. I thought the nutmeg was a little overpowering but that's about it.
Hey look, this is a pretty bag!
Thought I would end this brown entry on a more colorful note.
Stef-big up yourself for getting me this bag for my birthday!
Next up: Oatmeal Hermits
Hey look at me! I'm starring on the Internet!
ReplyDeleteAs you know (but I haven't told the whole blogosphere - yet), I bought lots of bag designs that I loved, but of all of them, this one was the hardest to part with. Your pic makes it look spectacular! :)