I've said it before and I'll say it again: Oatmeal, brown sugar, dates, nuts and cinnamon. Yep. These cookies were almost identical to the Old Fashioned Harvest cookies, except that it called for real butter and no canned pumpkin. The harvest cookies called for butter flavored Crisco, which, if I think about it too much, is just a weird and kind of gross concept. So lets not think about it!
The recipe had an option for bar cookies, which was a lot less work for me.
Verdict: These were the best from this week's selection. I think the fact that the recipe called for a cup of real butter and not the slightly disturbing butter flavored Crisco worked in their favor.
And here it is, your moment of color! Daffodils from my garden
Next week's selections:
PB & J Cookies
Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies
Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprints
You read that right, two peanut butter and jelly recipes and yet another fascinating look into the world of brown sugar, oats, dates, nuts, and cinnamon!
No comments:
Post a Comment