Sunday, March 20, 2011

Part VIII: Molasses Oatmeal Cookies

These cookies were more tasty and interesting to make then the Hermits, but only marginally so. Again, prunes were used instead of raisins. I am getting sick of prunes. But I really don't like raisins, especially in cookies, so prunes it is.

More brown cookie dough, with prunes(!), pecans, and oatmeal


Cookies: Pre-oven

That parchment paper has been used at least a dozen times. I think I mentioned in a previous post that my friend Molly gave me a tip to use parchment paper when a recipe called for greasing the cookie sheet. It works like a charm, as I can reuse the parchment paper multiple times, so its less messy then vegetable shortening and more eco friendly. Thanks Molly!


Cookies: Post-oven




Lots of brown cookies!




Verdict: I wouldn't rule out making these again. They were tasty but not outstanding.


I recently had a reader ask a few questions, which I shall answer in this post.

Q: What do you do with all of these cookies?
A: Give them away as fast as I can. When one is making 3 different cookie recipes a week, for approximately four months, with no end in sight, said cookies are no longer tempting. I've been bringing them to friend's houses and en masse to work. I suppose that's good advertising for my blog, now that I think about it.

Q: Have you gained any weight since this project began?
A: Why yes, I have, but it has nothing to do with the cookies. Thank you for asking!

Q: Would you consider doing a taste test in a future post?
A: That is actually a good idea. I think I'll give that a shot! I'll have some friends over for a blind taste test and get their reactions. Anyone want to volunteer?

Next: Basic Icebox Cookie Dough/Date Maraschino Pinwheels

1 comment:

  1. I think your book was in cohoots with the prune people

    ReplyDelete