Not much to say about these cookies. They are called Hermits. I used prunes instead of the raisins that the recipe called for, because suddenly I have lots of prunes lying around from past cookie recipes. This is the first recipe that called for nutmeg so far. Fascinating. Let's get to the pictures, shall we?
Here are the ingredients, artfully arranged. The idea for this came from my friend Rita. She suggested, instead of taking a picture of every ingredients in its entirety, that we display a small amount of all of them and photo accordingly. It was a good idea, but I don't think my husband and I pulled it off very well.
Here is a close up of a nutmeg, cut in half. I like using fresh grated nutmeg in a recipe. I don't know why, but I have about a dozen of these guys. I think they moved with me all the way from Boston, in fact.
Well hello again, chopped prunes!
Its nice to see you in some brown cookie dough
The finished product, dusted with powdered sugar
Verdict: I would not make these again. The tasted about how they look: Brown. The hint of nutmeg was nice, though.
Next up: Molasses Oatmeal Cookies
Nice shout out to Boston!
ReplyDelete