Monday, May 23, 2011

Part XXXVI: Chewy Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies

Out of the three cookies I made this weekend, these were the ones I was looking forward to the most. The recipe called for maraschino cherries, and I wanted to see if these cookies could transform the detested red cough drop flavored "cherries" into something edible. Did I succeed? Let's find out!

Squidy-Baked cuttlefish snacks. The box says "Crisp and Delicious". Squidy is one of these adjectives. Guess which?

Maraschino cherries. They may taste gross, but they are fun to photograph


Rainbowl interlude

The recipe called for half a cup of sour cream. Hmmmm....

The cookie dough is photogenic, more like batter then dough. The recipe called for sour cream and a tablespoon of the maraschino cherry juice.




More lilacs

Adding chocolate chips, pecans and cherries to the batter








Verdict: Surprisingly tasty. The batter came out very cake-like, and the pecans, chocolate chips, and chopped maraschino cherries all added different textures and flavors.

Next Week's Selections:

Peanut Butter Cocoa Cookies

Chocolate Chip Almond Oatmeal Cookies

Chocolate Orange Dreams

I am looking forward to next week's recipes. I like that I'll be mixing and matching three different flavors with the chocolate chips-almond, orange, and peanut butter. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. this reminds me of christmas cookies we used to get as kids, I bet they used m. cherries. One childhood mystery solved, thanks to little a!

    ReplyDelete