Happy Easter! I can't think of a better way to kick off Easter weekend then by baking cookies to take to our yearly Easter festivities with friends. Saturday is for egg decorating, and Sunday is for the official Easter party with egg hunt. Many fabulous prizes have been won over the years after the egg hunt. When we were younger a coveted prize could have been a keg stand, but in recent years, when our friends started having children, the prizes have change somewhat.
A heaping cup of plump raisins.
They look better close up.
Organic brown sugar-it looks completely different then the regular stuff.
Brown sugar, applesauce, cinnamon, butter, egg and vanilla. I like the way the dough clings to the beaters.
Ready to go into the oven.
Voila! Cross section of a cookie with a bite taken out of it.
Verdict: I have to admit that this was the first time in a long time I kept sticking my finger in the dough because it was so tasty. The cookies came out very moist and soft, which I think the applesauce had something to do with. Even though I am not usually a fan of oatmeal raisin cookies these weren't too bad. They were tasty enough that I felt I could make them for someone who enjoyed oatmeal raisin cookies. But I still think the name Oatmeal Raisin Chews sounds like a dog treat.
Next Up: Butterscotch Crispies
No comments:
Post a Comment