The word butterscotch got me excited when I initially read the recipe. I was hoping butterscotch chips would be part of the recipe. Unfortunately butterscotch basically referred to brown sugar, margarine, and salt. Oh well. The recipe called for puffed rice cereal, aka rice crispies, so I was curious how these would turn out.
The recipe had me sifting the dry ingredients onto waxed paper. I couldn't figure out why. So I took the liberty of sifting everything into a bowl.
Brown sugar and margarine-soft and crumbly
Add the egg and vanilla
Stir in the dry ingredients
Verdict: I would make these again. They called for a teaspoon of salt, which is a lot of salt for a cookie recipe, in case you didn't know. The saltiness complimented well with the two and a half cups of brown sugar. I love sweet and salty treats, so this fit the bill. Also, the cookie itself was moist, but the rice crispies gave it a lightness and crunch which was quite pleasant. When I brought these cookies to the egg decorating party, I got quite a few compliments!
Next up: Molasses Spice Cookies
No comments:
Post a Comment