Sunday, April 17, 2011

Part XXI: Soft Molasses Spice Cookies

I am partial to molasses cookies, and this recipe even had me icing them, so whats not to like?

Flour, and spices: Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.










The cookie dough was sticky and stubborn. It clung to the spoon and I definitely couldn't roll them in balls. I just plopped them onto the well loved parchment paper.



Verdict: These cookies were tasty but needed the icing. They were dry, but soft, so I know I didn't over bake them.

As I go through these pictures I can't help noticing how dark they are. Unless its just my computer? I'm going to have to put a floodlight in the kitchen, or photograph everything outside. Which wouldn't be weird at all. I will just lay cookies in the grass and snap away.

Also, I recently saw a recipe for bacon chocolate chip cookies on another blog.

They look damn good. I have a feeling in the near future I am going to have to try these and of course record and post my attempt.

Speaking of food porn, check out my friend and coworker Rita's blog. I love it!

Next week's selections are:

Applesauce Raisin Chews. I think its the word "chews" that make them sound like dog treats

Butterscotch Crispies

Molasses Spice Cookies

1 comment:

  1. Will you put raisins in your applesauce raisin chews? Tune in next week...

    ReplyDelete