Saturday, March 12, 2011

Part IV: Date Oatmeal Cookies

These cookies had dates in them. I know its only my second recipe with dates, but I feel impatient with them already, and am not looking forward to more. Unfortunately I foresee them in my immediate cookie future, whether I like it or not. So dates. Cookies with dates. Dates and oatmeal. Making these cookies reminded me of the episode of the Simpsons featuring Powersauce bars. Because at first glance you're thinking, wow, dates, oatmeal, even a banana thrown in for good measure, these cookies MUST be healthy. But no. They are not.

That being said, they were very easy to make. So without further ado, here are some pictures.

Here is a photo of dates AND prunes. The recipe said I could use either so I thought I would see which one was sexier. The prunes were (jar on the right), but since the recipe had date in the name I decided to stick with those.







Verdict: These cookies tasted healthy, like granola bars. And that's about all I can say for them except I hope not to have to make them again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment