Okay, so these are about what you'd expect. Since I've made sugar cookies before I won't bore you with the details, other then to say I used half almond and half vanilla extra, instead of just vanilla.. I also didn't really bother to roll the cookie dough in a nice round shape before I chilled it in the fridge, so the cookies are kind of a sad, not quite oval, not quite square shaped.
The soundtrack for these cookies was Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black", which I love. She is probably the only popular artist around who I am looking forward to hearing a new album from. I love her style, too.
And no, I didn't use Domino brand sugar, as I've mentioned before. I think they still turned out pretty good. Advertisers, your blatant attempts to force me to use name brand sugar have failed!! Please, return to your subtle ways, and let me believe I thought of using your product on my own.
Verdict: I wouldn't make these cookies again. Sugar cookies are simple and tasty, but this recipe isn't as good as some others I've used.
Side note: At the time these cookies were made, I had just finished reading Ann Beattie's collection of short stories that appeared in The New Yorker magazine. The book is appropriately titled "The New Yorker Stories". At some point, a few years back, I read that she was a big influence on Jay McInerney and (I'm pretty sure) Brett Easton Ellis. I've been interested in her stuff every since.
Basic ingredients: flour, sugar, butter, salt, egg, vanilla
Wonderful batter: This is the point where I always ask myself, can't I stick a spoon in this dough and eat it all RIGHT NOW
Milo did his best to assist me by jumping on the counter while I was trying to work
Sugar cookies will be stored in cookie jar when not in use
Closer look at the strange non shape of these cookies
No comments:
Post a Comment