This week's recipes all called for real butter instead of butter flavored Crisco, which was a nice change of pace. When I have baked in the past, many times the recipe calls for unsalted butter, but not in this book. I find that interesting and I wonder why. I am curious if the salted butter in addition to whatever the recipe calls for makes a difference in the cookie's taste. What I need to do in a future post is make a batch of cookies with salted and unsalted butter, and have a little taste test. Stay tuned!
This recipe was simply a double chocolate oatmeal cookie with chocolate chips. I also added some chopped pecans.
Here are photos of the basil we just planted, and some flowers blooming in my yard. I knew you, my faithful readers, would be just so upset if I didn't include them.
Verdict: Good, but not great. I think I've made these before, at least once.
Next Week's Selections:
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Treats
Hershey's Chocolate Chip Blondies
Heavenly Almond Treats
Next week my hubby and I will be on the coast, celebrating his soon to be graduation. Stay tuned for cookies on the coast!
No comments:
Post a Comment