Monday, May 30, 2011

Part XXXVIII: Chocolate Chip Almond Oatmeal Cookies

On Saturday we decided to have BLTs for dinner. Since I was taking up all of the counter space in the kitchen hubby J cooked the bacon on the front porch. He used an electric griddle that we got as a wedding gift. There is an outlet right near the front door, perfect for outdoor frying. Classy!


This is some quality bacon! We get it at the local butcher. Delicious.


Back to the cookies. Brown sugar, white sugar, and a blob of my favorite butter flavor Crisco.


The slivered almonds look like a collection of blunt fangs



Verdict: I think over baking was a theme this week. These cookies were also dry. However, they were more flavorful then the peanut butter cocoa cookies.

Next Up: Chocolate Orange Dreams

1 comment:

  1. BWAHH!!! I love your outdoor frying picture. That's one cooperative husband. Cookies AND bacon in one day - sounds like a good weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete